4.1 Configuring the Asus RT-N12 router
Navigue.com sells and supports the following residential routers :
- Asus RT-N12
We make available to users the RT-N12 router instruction manual.
For all other types of routers, please refer to the website or the user guide of the provider in question, to know the steps to follow to configure it.
1. Plug in the included power adapter to the router.
2. Plug in the included Ethernet cable to one of the router’s LAN ports, and the other end to the computer’s Ethernet port.
3. Connect your modem to the router’s WAN Port.
4. Plug in your modem’s Power adapter.
5. Press and hold the router's reset button for 10-20 seconds for it to reset.
6. Open a web browser, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press the Enterkey.
7. When Windows Security opens, type the username (admin) and the password (admin).
8. Click Quick Internet Setup.
9. Enter a new administrator password.
10. Click Next and then choose Wireless Router Mode.
11. Click Next and then choose the connection type for your ISP if it was not detected automatically. Set to Automatic (DHCP).
12. Click Next and enter a Network Name, and Network Key (password). This is the name given to your wireless network that appears on all devices that are connecting.
13. Click Next to show a summary of your settings.
14. Click Finish after reviewing the Wireless Network Connection Tutorial.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
1 844 NAVIGUE (628-4483)
Customer service, subscriptions, accounts and billing
- Monday to Friday : 8:30 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday & Sunday : Closed
- Monday to Friday : 8:30 AM to 9 PM
- Saturday : 9 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday : 12 PM to 4 PM